There are various ways to unlock Android Smartphones. We will guide you through each step to help you unlock your phone if you forget the pin or pattern.
We are only human and sometimes we forget many things. This includes Android smartphone pins or patterns. If you suddenly can’t remember your pin or pattern and want to unlock your Android, then you have opened the right page. Learn our tips and techniques for unlocking Android smart phones. See below.
Tips and Techniques for Unlocking an Android Smartphone
1. Use Android Device Manager
If you have the latest Android smartphone version, then you can try Android Device Manager. All you have to do is ensure that you are logged into your Google Account to use the Android Device Manager Service.
Here’s how you can unlock Android with Android Device Manager:
- Using a desktop computer, laptop or other Android smartphone, open your web browser.
- Enter google.com/android/devicemanager in the search tab.
- Log in with your Google Account details.
- In the Android Device Manager interface, you will see your device. Click that.
- Find the Lock menu and tap.
- A window will appear. Now, enter the temporary password.
- Entering a temporary password will bypass your forgotten pin or password.
- Click Lock again.
- After you see the confirmation, get your Android smartphone.
- On your cellphone, you will see a tab password. Enter a temporary password.
- This action will unlock the Android smartphone.
- After this, open the lock screen settings and disable the temporary password.
- You can now assign a new password or pattern to your phone in the Settings menu.
Note: Password changes will take around 5 minutes. You only need to wait a few minutes, before you can unlock your phone using a temporary password.
2. Use Forgotten Patterns
Older versions of Android have a feature called “Forgotten Patterns.” If you forget your pin or password, you can use this feature to unlock your Android phone.
Here’s what you need to do:
- When you enter a wrong pattern or pin 3 or 5 times with your old Android, you will see a “Forgot Pattern” feature on the bottom right of your screen.
- Click and it will display a new window screen. This will help you bypassing forgotten pins or passwords.
- Tap the Google Account tab and enter your details.
- Once you are on the “Forgot Pattern” platform, give your new pattern key to your Android.
- Confirm the changes you made and set the pin or pattern lock on your smartphone.
Note: This feature only applies to versions of Android 4.4 and earlier. If you have a newer Android, try the first method above.
3. Last Option
If these two options do not work on your Android smartphone, you can choose to do a factory reset if you want. However, this method will also erase all of your data. Therefore, we recommend that you back up your data. When you back up your data, you can still retrieve it after you do a factory reset.