In this tutorial, we will show you how to run Samsung Galaxy apps on your PC. Quite a few users are probably working from home as of now. In this case, you may have to constantly switch between your PC and smartphone. This might prove to be quite a juggling task between these devices. However, you can easily solve this problem. There is quite useful functionality built into your Windows PC that you can take full advantage of.
Named as “Your Phone Companion”, this application allows you to run all Galaxy applications of your choice directly to your PC. Apart from that, you can also sync documents, pictures and other files between your PC and Samsung device. Apart from that, you can also mirror your phone screen, view notifications, transfer files and media, and even respond to messages and calls right from your own PC. On that note, this tutorial will explain all the steps required to run the Samsung Galaxy app of your choice on your PC. Follow.
How to Run Samsung Galaxy Applications on your PC
To get started, make sure your PC is running Windows 10 version 1809 or later. Accordingly, your device should also be included in the compatibility list. Also, you must have a Microsoft account added to your PC. Finally, your Samsung device as well as your PC must be connected to the same wireless network. After all the requirements above are met, you can proceed with the steps to run the Samsung Galaxy application on your PC.
STEP 1: Link Your Galaxy Device to Windows
- On your PC, go to the Phone Links site and click on Open Your Phone. This will display a QR code.
- At this point, open the Quick Settings panel on your Samsung Galaxy device. There you will see the option Link to Windows, tap on it.
- Now scan the QR Code that you have opened on your PC, via your mobile device. This will sign into your Galaxy device with the same Microsoft Account that is on your PC.
- You should then get a notification on your device about Link Your Phone and PC. Tap Continue.
- Likewise, you must also grant the necessary permissions that are requested. Then follow the on-screen instructions to complete setup.
With this, you have successfully connected the Galaxy device to your PC. You can now proceed to run the Samsung Galaxy app on your PC using the instructions mentioned below.
STEP 2: Run the Samsung Galaxy application on your PC
- Now that your device has been linked to your PC, you will see the Your Phone app on your PC.
- From the left menu bar, select the Application option. It will then display all the applications that have been installed on your device to your PC.
- Now simply click on the desired Galaxy application which you wish to run onto your PC.
- Correspondingly, you can also use the Open Phone screen option to cast your device screen to your PC.
- Some of the handy gestures you can take note of include one click that corresponds to a single tap on your device. Similarly, double-clicking to double-tapping, and clicking and holding to tap or hold your device are some other handy gestures. You can also right click on the screen to return to the previous screen.
With this, we conclude the guide on the steps for running Samsung Galaxy apps on your PC. Let us know your views on the same in the comments section below. In closing, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that you should check out as well.